Sunday, April 19, 2009

Do you remember the day?

Very different from "This House is like a ship", "Do you remember that day (in 1969 when you asked what I was going to do with the rest of my life?) is a melodic New Age style piece. But then "Janus" is an autobiographical work so that is probably to be expected.
The idea came from a barely remembered conversation at the age of 10 when I was asked by my friends what I was going to do with my life. I had grand dreams of living in California.
Nursery rhyme motifs repeat through the music, starting with a musical box. The music, as life, is through of some twists and turns, but overall this is a hopeful and happy track, the childish skipping rhythm continues to the final heartbeat. Dedicated to Martha.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7531641&q=hi

No comments: